Mergers and Acquisitions
Mergers & acquisitions present an opportunity for businesses to expand quickly. Other benefits of mergers and acquisitions include:
- Create synergies – combine similar businesses and reduce costs by eliminating duplication
- To achieve strategic advantage –
- leverage market access and suppliers;
- utilise management expertise;
- pre-empt competitor actions;
- leverage research & development and design knowledge
- increase market share;
- To take advantage of political, economic and legal changes – changes in government can entice larger organisations to merger and acquisition activity especially if it enables them to save money from financial incentives and relaxation of tax rates and rules
However, mergers and acquisitions also carry with them certain risks, which if not identified and managed carefully, can result in financial loss, reputational damage or bankruptcy at worst. The following are just some of the risks associated with merger and acquisition activity:
- Paying too much for deals
- Misunderstanding and mismanaging cultural differences
- Misjudging impact on employees (e.g. engagement, stress, redundancies, resignations)
- Incompatible business and operation goals and strategies
- Adverse economic conditions
- Insufficient preparation for post-merger/acquisition
Therefore, it’s understandable that the process of finding a suitable buyer/seller, completing the due diligence process properly, making an offer and integrating organisations, are all important aspects. If carefully planned and executed, they can result in some great benefits.
We work in partnership with clients and seek to understand their objectives and exact requirements. Through this collaborative approach, we can help you as much or as little as you want.
To find out more about our tailored services, please contact us.
We possess technical expertise to undertake in-depth forensic financial and accountancy related investigations. If you want expert and reliable service, contact us.